Milwaukee Public Schools has a number of options for students with disabilities who need help navigating the school day.

Here are some things you can do. 1.

Go to the Milwaukee Public School website.

You can also call 1-800-MPS-WIS and speak to a staffer.


Search for an employee who is deaf or hard of hearing.

They can also contact you at the nearest school district office.


Check with your local district office to find out if they have special needs.

If they do, you can go to their website to see if there are services available.


Go for a ride.

There are several transportation options available at the Milwaukee Transit Center, which is on Milwaukee Avenue between North and South Washington Streets.


Make an appointment to have a friend and family member call your school to schedule an appointment.


Visit the district office or call the school to make an appointment with a school resource officer.


Bring a friend.

There is a “couchsurfing” service at the school that allows students to have one-on-one support from a volunteer.


Get a letter from the school.

If you live in the district, make sure you receive a letter stating the school district is committed to supporting your student with a disability.


Find a school with a special needs program.

The school resource office can help you find a school that has a special education program or a hearing-impaired student who has a disability that needs to be addressed.


Find an aide.

There may be resources for students at the district that may be available to you.


Get an appointment at a school.

To get a school appointment, call 1.

the district’s school resource manager; or 2.

the local school district manager.


Get help in your own home.

Make sure to call the nearest district office as well.


Ask your local school board.

The local school boards are your primary resource for information about special education services.


Visit your district’s website.

This can be a good way to learn more about school resources.


Find out what schools are doing.

Visit local newspapers or search online for information on a particular school district.


Find your local news outlet.

Some of the major newspapers, including the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and the Milwaukee Gazette, may have information on special education programs.


Find the website of a district’s disability service.

This is a resource for finding information on services, resources, or assistance for students.