A man has disappeared in Melbourne.

Police say a man who went missing last month has been located and taken to hospital.

Detective Inspector Mike Gaudin said he did not want to speculate on the man’s whereabouts.

“The man has been found safe and sound,” he said.

“We are still awaiting the appropriate medical assessment and the outcome of that assessment.”

Detective Insp Gaudins’ statement about the man was published on the Police Service of Northern Territory Facebook page on Wednesday morning.

“Police are appealing to anyone with information about the disappearance of a man from Victoria’s central shopping precinct to come forward,” it read.

“Please keep an eye out for a man wearing a white shirt, blue jeans, a black hat and a blue backpack.”

Any tips or any sightings are welcome.

“Mr Gaudlin said police were not looking for a person of interest in relation to the man, who is believed to be between 30 and 35 years old.”

This is a fairly large business precinct,” he told ABC News Breakfast.”

It’s got quite a lot of people working there.

“I can’t tell you exactly how many people are working there, but it’s quite a large business area.”

There’s a lot going on there.

“Topics:missing-person,law-crime-and-justice,police,victoria-3000,bourkeland-3151,melbourne-3000More stories from Northern Territory